Western Digital Raptor

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
Currently i have a 160 GB WD SATA 7200RPM Hard drive, but i wanna get the 36.7 Raptor. I just wanna know if i cane RAID these hard drives. Also,. when i get the raptor, should i just put the OS on it and run other programs, (games, video efiting) off of the 160, or is there a better way?

thaNks

thats the way i would do because thats exactly what i have in m pc now lol so i say go for it. i think its a great setup.

yes but he wants to boot his os ONLY of the raptor. he'd have to buy about 5 raptors to equal his 160gig and the other raptor. Its not that much performance that your loosing though w/o identical hdds.

Now I'm thinking about getting the Raptor drive myself. Man, so expensive though. I defintely won't be using the 36.7 GB drive because I have a 40GB drive now and nearly 33GB is already used up! I wold have to get the 74GB one but that things almost $200 with California sales tax and shipping. Whew.

TRD, your right, you need two identical hard drives to set up a RAID 0,1, configuration.
I have two raptor 36.7 Gig RAID 0 configuration and I tell you its' fast. I paid $147 CAN each and I could have bought a 250 Gig SATA for the same money. But I wanted speed, not capacity. I have + 500 divx movies on CD, so capacity is not an issue for me. I burn my data!
Note: to be able to set up a RAID configuration you need a motherboard that supports it.

Morpheus, size is nothing compared to speed. In your signature you have an overclocked processor; why so? The WD turn at 10,000 rpm, set them up in RAID 0, and run a program that takes some time, like ripping a DVD for instance. When you'll see that it takes you like a third of the time, you'll know you've got speed.
Speed is a major concern when we talk about computers; capacity with DVD burners. Why keep something on your PC when you can have it safely stored on a CD or DVD!

Back
Top Bottom