Weird Video Troubles

motherboardz

Solid State Member
I have an M950 motherboard and a video card that was bundled in (ATI mach 64) since the motherboard doesn't have onboard video. The computer will start and I can tell it is fuctioning properly, but I have no video. The video card is a PCI video card? I though all video cards with APG. Anyway, PLEASE HELP!

I just tested the video card a few minutes ago on another motherboard and the video card worked fine. I'm guessing my M950 doesn't have a PCI express 16x. I was wondering if it could be the CPU. All the pins are correct and not broken, so I'm guessing that's not the problem, Last time video didn't work, it was the CPU. More stuff to buy.... with no money.

Ok, just looked at specs and it said 5 PCI. It didn't say anything about PCI 16x. I'm guessing it doesn't have one and I will have to go buy a AGP 8x.

yes, it should work. it is basically the speeds. 4x compared to 8x, where 8x is twice as fast as 4x. you shouldn't have a problem with the 4x on your slot.

I'm not really wanting to buy it. I'm mainly asking if I need an S cable for every video card I buy.

Back
Top Bottom