Weird power problem

Morglam

Solid State Member
Hi all

Earlier on today i uninstalled a program that was not wanted was yahoo toolbar and something very odd happened to my pc. It started the shutdown process so i thought it was restarting because of the program removal but no it did not turn it self back on. So i pressed the power button and the lights and the fans spinned for a sec or two then went off. I unplugged the power cord for a few secs and put it back in again pressed the power button and it comes on as though nothing had happend. So i thought nothing of it ran a virus check to make sure i had no viruses. Then shut it down again just to see if it would power up again and it did the same thing lights and fans turn on for a few secs and turn off. I have checked all the connections inside and they are all secure. Only way i can power it on is to unplug power cord for a few secs then plug back in again and press power button.

Im basically lost as to what the problem maybe any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Has the program uninstalled properly? Boot into safe mode and see if it has. Is that the only change you have made to the system?

Thank you for reply

The program is unstalled properly and i have not made a change to the pc.

Specs Are

Intel P4 3.4ghz CPU
Asus P5GD1 Motherboard
2GB Ram
Ati Radeon x700
Arianet 430watt psu
2 sata hardrives
1 dvd rom drive

Back
Top Bottom