weird performance problem while playing

rammiel

Solid State Member
My computer used to run games pretty well, considering the money I've spent on it. Now, while I play any games, be it battlefield 1942 or counter-strike source, seems it can't stand it anymore. There's actually a delay betweem movements, it stops running for a fraction of a second. I have a dsl connection and my ping is low. I have the same problem with offline games. I scanned with norton, adaware and spybot and defragged the disk (55% of used space). What can cause this ?

My computer is good :

Windows XP
radeon 9800 pro
Asus P4P800 motherboard
Intel 4 CPU 3.20ghz

I have two 256 chips. I also didn't mention that, even before, I had an unusual graphic problem of slight slowness with the same delay but it wasn't as catastrophic.

hmm...

Don't know really what the problem could be. I could say its the video drivers, but its most likely not that since even old ones shouldn't do that.

Try re-installing Windows, its worth a go. There might be some interference between drivers you have, or software.

*KaGe*

But it freezes, if it was the power supply it would just shut off. Correct me if i'm wrong, either way 256 ram with that cpu? I think you should atleast have 512, if not a gig.

he said he has two 256s which means 512mb

BanChan said:
But it freezes, if it was the power supply it would just shut off. Correct me if i'm wrong, either way 256 ram with that cpu? I think you should atleast have 512, if not a gig.

It cud b spyware hoggin up ur cpu bandwidth, it may be time for a fresh install!! Either that or get spybot or spydoctor and zap the s*%t out of the spyware!!!

Back
Top Bottom