Weird occurance

Kage

Golden Master
Hmm, something odd just happened. I was just doing some modelling and suddenly, the music I was listening to started jolting like a record player. Then I noticed whenever it jolted (every few seconds), the mouse froze suddenly and carried on working.

I turned off winamp (no change), turned off the 3D program (no change), and basically turned off everything I didn't need (No change).

I then reset, and its working fine.

The computer seems to act sluggishly etc and have problems like this after many hours of it being on (all day). Does any one else have this issue? It seems my system needs a restart every 5 or so hours to stay in top condition.

I remember this jolting happening once before, and it was even occuring while the system reached the shut down procedure, as the windows shut down sound also jolted.

What os? not some Vista indexing type thing is it?

Anything in the logs?

Tried dropping back to stock? does it still happen?

I was just doing some modelling

30m2ydu.jpg

Haha, 3D modelling you crack pot :p

No, definietly not a virus. I do scans regularary. Its something that happens anyway, but not always the same problem, but definietly relates to how long its been on for.
I run Windows XP 32bit.

As for the overclock, if thats what is causing it, I think I can live with it :p

Have you tried defragging? I wonder if your just eating the page-file until you get it fragmented.

Thanks for that, haha, I completly forgot. I haven't defragged for around 4 months now!
I haven't really made any major changes since then, but yeah, I'll run that tonight.
Thanks again.

you know what i get exactly the same thing on my vista laptop after going to SP1 it seems like when i first load up an MP3 in media player it takes like 30 seconds for it to start playing and then when ever i right click a sond and click add to now playing list it sort of jumps ?????

It may be worth doing a defrag on yours too then. That may be caused by the drive having to find the file before adding it.

Back
Top Bottom