Weird Case Question!

Basically when I built my computer I wanted to put my normal 3.5" hard drive on the top of the 4 bottom bays, I went to put it in and no matter how I would try and put it in it would start scratching the sides....I do not remember if this happened with all the bays but it happened with the top.....

I put the hard drive in the bottom bay and it fit perfectly. There are no bends or anything, also I believe the same thing happened to yellowsnowman as he has the same case but I don't think he comes around here too often.

As I am very sure I will be buying another hard drive soon i need to know what I can do.

My case is this :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156018

So the bottom bay fits fine but the higher you go, the tighter it gets? I think you just happen to get a badly made one. If you can still get the drive in there, should be ok. It will be really snug, but at least you won't have to worry about it coming loose, lol. Scratching the sides of the drive won't hurt it.

I have an Asys case and I have really snug hard drive bays. It was tight so I try to pry it open a bit with my two hands to let the drive slide through. I didn't even need any screws, but I just put two on for the hell of it.

Back
Top Bottom