Daemon Poster
Here is my system:
Athlon X2 4800+
Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE
Nvidia Quadro 4500
Ocz Platinum 2 GB
Ocz Power stream 600 watt
Cooler Master CM Stacker

I am thinking about overclocking my athlon, but i only have stock heatsinks on everything right now.
Questions:
-Which water cooling system should I purchase?
-Will the Zalman reserators work with this system?
-Will the water block provided with the zalman reserator 1 plus work with my quadro card? (its heatsink is like the 7900gtx)
-If i ever upgrade to a different socket, will this cooling system still work?
-How much power do water cooling systems use?
-Are there any solutions I could use that would go inside the case entirely?

thanks.

Ask Ownage about this, he's probably the most experienced with watercooling out of us all.

good good good. Your choice of hardware (non cooling wise) pleases me. CM Stacker, you will have TONS of room for that. And yes, internal mounts will be possible unless you dont want to cut some holes in the case. Do you want the best of the best parts, or parts that will get you somewhere withough breaking the bank? And dont get the Zalman, there are waaaay better choices out there. And if you didnt buy the OCZ PS600, i would suggest switcing to the 520W model. Its more powerful with overclocking. But the 600W will suite you just fine.

ownage said:
good good good. Your choice of hardware (non cooling wise) pleases me. CM Stacker, you will have TONS of room for that. And yes, internal mounts will be possible unless you dont want to cut some holes in the case. Do you want the best of the best parts, or parts that will get you somewhere withough breaking the bank? And dont get the Zalman, there are waaaay better choices out there. And if you didnt buy the OCZ PS600, i would suggest switcing to the 520W model. Its more powerful with overclocking. But the 600W will suite you just fine.

I want something that will be relatively affordable, however im a sucker for performance.
i prefer not to drill holes in the case, but if its something minor, then i dont care.
i already have the ocz600 watt psu.

thanks....waiting anxiously

good, i think have just the right thing for you.

Here is a list of parts:

CPU: Swiftech Storm Rev. 2
GPU: AquaXtreme MP-1
Pump: Swiftech MCP-655
resevoir: Swiftech Micro res
tubing: 7/16" Masterkleer (tygon is too expensive)
Radiator: HWLabs BIP3/GT360 (if you want to up it a notch, go with the Thermochill PA 120.3)
Fans: 3 Yate loons D12SL-12.

Radbox if you want to hang the rad off the back of your case, or you can mount it on top or the bottom. Because you can run dual psus in the Stacker, you have a choice of putting the psu in the top or the bottom. I would put the psu in the bottom and mount the radiator up top. If the triple rads are too expensive/big, go with a dual radiator. A Thermochill PA 120.2 will cool a cpu and gpu with ease.

ownage said:
good, i think have just the right thing for you.

Here is a list of parts:

CPU: Swiftech Storm Rev. 2
GPU: AquaXtreme MP-1
Pump: Swiftech MCP-655
resevoir: Swiftech Micro res
tubing: 7/16" Masterkleer (tygon is too expensive)
Radiator: HWLabs BIP3/GT360 (if you want to up it a notch, go with the Thermochill PA 120.3)
Fans: 3 Yate loons D12SL-12.

Radbox if you want to hang the rad off the back of your case, or you can mount it on top or the bottom. Because you can run dual psus in the Stacker, you have a choice of putting the psu in the top or the bottom. I would put the psu in the bottom and mount the radiator up top. If the triple rads are too expensive/big, go with a dual radiator. A Thermochill PA 120.2 will cool a cpu and gpu with ease.

where can i buy all this? and is there any thing wrong with putting the rad in the bottom psu slot? thanks again..its a massive help

ok so that comes out to be about $290, what if i just want to water cool my cpu?

Back
Top Bottom