Wal-Mart Laptop

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking of buying a laptop and i am limited to Wal-Mart. I want to take your opinions on which is the best laptop but I want people to take the weight the brand and the price under consideration. I know there will be some people that say "The most expensive is the best." but it may not be the best brand :p

My girlfriend had a sony vio that was pretty hefty and I thought that was ok.. then she got a new gateway that weighs a little more than five pounds and it is WAY thinner.. I think it's better, looks and it is inside :p, in every way... If the laptop costs 1k for 1.5 Ghz processor and you can get a 1.66 for 1.1k then hey, thats a good deal.. but a 1.5Ghz for 1k and a 1.54ghz for 1.3k.. come on now :p.. assuming all the other specs are the same..

I want it mostly for gameing... and YES I multi task alot :p...

THANKS!

-Q

Edit*

Oh yeah, of course I want a dual core! :p .. I can spend a little over 1k.. say 1300$.. but if it gets much better for only $1500 then ok

and a 15'' of 17'' I might consider a 20 or a little smaller than 15 but it depends how good it is :p

:D god i'm so damn picky

I'll be posting laptops that I think are good.. then you can try and beat me :D

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5978905

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983045

if your buying it from wal-mart you probably will not be able to do much gaming on it. they all have pretty bad graphics cards at least the ones at mine does. your going to find better deals online. if you have a debt card go to new egg youll find much better variety

your going to want a dedicated graphics card if you want to do any high end gaming. and if it has vista at least two gigs of ram. i still would not go with wal-mart. if your on a budget dell is good and so is acer if you get a non dedicated graphics card make sure you get more ram because the graphics will feed of your ram instead of it's own memory

The graphics card carries a lot of weight as to how well the system will handle games. If this is specifically or mainly for gaming, it needs to be close to top-priority.

The laptops you linked to had GO 6150 graphics, not too good for today's games. Here are my recommendations:

15.4"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983047

17"
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983048

The 17" one has the better graphics card, the 8600M GS, which leads me to believe it's better for gaming. It also has more hard drive space. However, the processor is 1.5GHz as opposed to the other's 1.66GHz. I personally don't think the .16 difference in speed is going to make a huge difference, whereas the extra graphics power provided by the 8600M GS will. I'd grab the 17" one, but both seem to be suited for gaming pretty well.

the 17 inch looks pretty good my dell is about the same specs if you can save the extra money that looks pretty good

Yeah, I had the 17'' on my favorites already :p
I know the graphics card has alot to do with.. Everything :p.. I just don't know how to tell what's better than what.. there's so many differen't kinds G382 F234023 Gz82 Hexor.. (I just made up something)

And what's the difference between the caches a 4mb and a 2mb

Eh, My girlfriends first laptop, the Sony Vio, was purchased from circuit city. The battery had something wrong with it (lasted about thirty minutes) so we had to take it, three months after we bought it, back to circuit city so they could give us another one (it was under store warrenty for another nine months).

Well, they ended up brakeing the inside of the laptop so the battery would only stay in if you taped it; they taped it and gave it back to us. They said that what they did wasn't warrented to fix and basically said, "screw you."

So we got her gateway at Best Buy and their service (store, we haven't used the manufacturer warrenty) has proven to be worthy so far.

So you think that 17'' laptop looks the best huh?

Back
Top Bottom