Wait for a DX 10? or go big now

anyone know when DX10 is comming out? By the way i have a 6600GT and it works amazingly well i play bf2 on high everything and at 70fps which is just amazing to me lol

get the 6600gt. it should and probably will be able to handle all games between now and the release of vista/dx10cards
dx10 will probably be coming out in winter or early on next year

edit: no i would not SLi two 6600gts, right now it isn't worth it.

Do u guys think i should still go with an SLI mobo though, once nvid released some dx10 sli capable cards

that's soo much money though and then once dx10 games come out he won't be able to play on highest settings probably. then once he decides to upgrade he'll have two 7600gts lying around collecting dust. if you want to play on relatively high settings get one 7600gt, if you you're ok with medium settings get the 6600gt. i don't think you need the 7900gt. i mean if it weren't for the impending 8-series i'd say go for it, but it's coming and soon the 7900gt will be out of date.

I don't know. I'm skeptical about this instantaneous obsoleteness (Uh... don't know if that's a word but you get what I mean) of all cards being produced now. I'm just not sure if that's right. And John just said there's a beta of Direct X 10 out now... wouldn't that mean it can run on our current cards?

Back
Top Bottom