vista or xp

i dont even think drivers are that much of a problem, all my hardware works on vista on both my desktop and laptop, and yea theres patches.
i just think ill be fine on xp for a bit longer

as long as you have 512 of RAM and all your hardware is supported than vista is good.

the only reason it uses so much RAM is because it uses all of the ram you have to cache things. if you have all your ram being used while running vista and you open up a game it can quickly delete things inside of the RAM to make enough cache for the game.

thats why people can run vista fine with 512mb. i belive its root but i know its a mod runs it with 384mb fine.

i think microsoft was thinking your have 1GB of ram why not use it ALL. RAM is fast enough now that you can easily go from one file taking up all your RAM then a completely different file taking up all your RAM in a matter of a split second.

i still voted XP because i havent used Vista yet :D

XP.

I prefer XP because i find that Vista tends to use up alot of resources, I only have a 40G hdd and need the Ultimate version, I have installed it 3 times now and played about with it but the most annoying thing i find is I cant use Norton INTERNET security 2005 which I love and also i cant turn off the built in image back up software so it eats my hdd capacity by half and of course it is incompatible with Norton ghost (although they are working on a version that is) ghost is a must for me personally.

you should try vista ultimate lite , pm me if you wanna know more , it runs fine on my p4 2.8ghz 512mb ram and a tnt 2 video card
i just installed a copy of vlite on my sempron 3000 1.8ghz, 512mb ram, etc... and it does run well, but not like xp, it still has little ram spare and when i had home premium on it it wasnt that quick either. i thought this would win me over but it hasnt. i therefore wont be using vista full time yet till i get about 2gb ram and some other upgrades
i just installed it on my computer in my sig and it actually runs pretty much the same as xp although i have speedbost enable on one of my usb flash drives so i suppose that helps , i suppose if i load a few apps up at once it willslow down , i plan on adding more ram to my system ina f ew months taking it up to 1gb so i suppose i will have better performance then and may even get rid of the xp partition on my hard drive and not run dual boot

i recon we should have a "donate to dude_se" fund for providing the links to vista lite lol. since i posted that last message it has won me over i think. i guess taking aero off and a few other things has made it run damn smooth. i think i will use it full time on my desktop, but stick with xp on my laptop.

i recon we should have a "donate to dude_se" fund for providing the links to vista lite lol. since i posted that last message it has won me over i think. i guess taking aero off and a few other things has made it run damn smooth. i think i will use it full time on my desktop, but stick with xp on my laptop.
yeah , i cant run aero on my tnt 2 i cant for life of me think why it is the most up to date vid card ever :rolleyes: , i think we should have a donate to muz379's paypal account so he can buy a new video card and more ram

oh @ dude i tried to add some rep but it said ineed to spread it around

yeah , i cant run aero on my tnt 2 i cant for life of me think why it is the most up to date vid card ever :rolleyes: , i think we should have a donate to muz379's paypal account so he can buy a new video card and more ram

oh @ dude i tried to add some rep but it said ineed to spread it around
yea ive been getting that problem too much lately (the rep) lol. i also need a new video card, my desktop and laptop ones are crappy. atleast they can handle aero i suppose

yea ive been getting that problem too much lately (the rep) lol. i also need a new video card, my desktop and laptop ones are crappy. atleast they can handle aero i suppose
mine cant even do that i may try on my laptop and see if that can handle it

Back
Top Bottom