VISTA? unlock to ubuntu

mr chalupa

Beta member
my comp was wiggin out from limewire, i know im an idiot. i reformated and tried to put ubuntu on instead of vista but it wont let me. all i did was burn a cd with ubuntu on it and tried to shove it into my hp. it keeps tellin me to put the system disc in and press any key. i wonder if i have to unlock vista before i can put ubuntu or linux on it. thanks :D

unlock vista?? umm, no. Make sure your boot order is set correctly, it should boot up to a screen to run the live cd or install. Sounds like it is booting to your hard drive first and your boot loader is either corrupted or missing.

when i booted up on my hp i hit f10 and went to setup. then i went to the disc sanitiser and reformated. where do i go to put ubuntu on me comp. when i downloaded ubutu all i did was bur the file on a cd r will that work or is there something special i needed to do before i can put ubuntu on my comphttp://www.computerforums.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

If you downloaded Ubuntu and put it on a CD and made it bootable, then all you should need to do is put it in your cd drive, boot from the CD by either making your BIOS boot from CD before anything else, or hitting F8 to bring up the boot loader menu on POST. Ubuntu will then load and you just tell it to install and hit next a bunch of times.

Back
Top Bottom