Vista Problem maybe? help

UltimateMASS

Baseband Member
Hi,
just downloaded a game from the internet now and when i double click on the file to install it, the 'do you want to run the file' comes up and then after that the system gets bogged down and it won't do anything? I know that its trying to bring up the run screen, when everything goes darker and you have to click allow.

ive tried run as administrator but nothing!

can anyone suggest anything? ta from ben

Have you scanned the game for any viruses or malware?

The "do you want to run the file" is a normal part of Vista's UAC desinged to help protect you from, well, yourself.

I know they are not any viruses in it as i've downloaded from there before.

I've checked in the Task manager and i can see the games name setup file in the processes tab and two consent.exe files. Could that be any problem? ta

Only think I could think it could be incompatible with your OS or it's Malware...

consent.exe is the UAC and searches for validated certificates for the software being installed. I beleive there should only be one instance running. If the consent.exe is situated in the system32 folder then its the legit MS process. Otherwise, it could be malware.

its installing now after doing nothing for 30 minutes!!!

I changed a setting in the properties of the file to allow it to come up without the permission screen, that has helped.

Thanks why i prefer XP!!

Thanks for looking :D

It looks like it was something to do with to many consent.exe files running at the same time :mad:

Back
Top Bottom