Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit for a Gaming Rig

Vitaminx

In Runtime
I'm not exactly sure which to get. But more than likely I will have 4 gb's of Corsair 800mhz installed in the motherboard. Also will be running 8800 gts 512 mb version of the video card. Any suggestions. Or should I just stick with Windows XP. By the way, this operating system would be for an entirely new build I'm working on. Any advice appreciated. Would also like to hear from gamers who have used xp and now use vista, I'm interested if there's a big difference in gaming experiences between the two. I hear from my friend that vista is better than XP in all categories EXCEPT gaming. So any thoughts on this subject are appreciated.

If your going into gaming definately go with Vista. As for 32 or 64Bit, Obviously 64 if you plan on going with that much Memory. 32 Bit only recognizes somewhere between 2 and 3 Gigs of Memory so the rest would be a waste. Vista will also give you the benefit of DirectX10, Whereas XP won't offer you that.

I game occasionally and built a rig with an Intel Quad Core, 8 Gigs of DDR2 in Dual Channel, 2 8800 Ultras in SLI, and 1TB of storage with Viista Ultimate running off of a Raptor.

I't runs anything I throw at it Maxxed out with enjoyable frame rates.

Good Luck.

why wouldn't you choose 64 bit, its more future proof everyone thinks theres driver issues , i haven't had one.
vista is better for gaming because of DX10
BTW corsairs XMS2 800mhz ram is extremely good ram

Yea. I've heard the 32 bit is more stable than the 64 bit version. You both running 64 bit without any issues what so ever?

Alright. So you both say 64 bit because of the amount of memory it can use/store. Right?

Alright. So you both say 64 bit because of the amount of memory it can use/store. Right?

I might be wrong, but isn't Service Pack 1 of Vista gonna fix the issue of the RAM not showing up?

4 Gigs of ram CAN be used in 32-bit, I just thought it won't show up in the system as 4 (until now.) Correct me if i'm wrong anybody :confused: .

I have Vista 32 bit with 4GB of RAM and it is all recognized. I am running SP1.

Back
Top Bottom