Virus? Ha! Avast works!

I dont like antivirus software anymore.

I dont keep them turned on, just do an occasional scan. It seems like they are very anal about what is a virus or not, and software I use on my own time with my 100% knowledge of what it does is sometimes classified as a virus.

Such examples include killcmos.c, netcat, superscan.

DJ-CHRIS said:
I dont like antivirus software anymore.

I dont keep them turned on, just do an occasional scan. It seems like they are very anal about what is a virus or not, and software I use on my own time with my 100% knowledge of what it does is sometimes classified as a virus.

Such examples include killcmos.c, netcat, superscan.

That's not smart, because without constant protection, you will probably have a virus just slide in there unscathed without being stopped, and you will have a hell of a mess to clean up on. I would not suggest that you keep doing that. Just take a low-footprint antivirus like Avira or AVG and it won't bug you unless it finds something.

i use to use these free security programs..those days are over for me, i now got nod32 for viruses and so far its doing great...i even downloaded a test virus in all file formats (.zip, .exe...etc) it scans the site before i downloaded the file and told me it was a virus and then asks you if u want to continue with download...i think this program is the best in my opinon..and it was even ranked better then those other commercial programs... check it out:
http://www.eset.com/

Definately. Nod32 is among the best. It's simple, doesn't hog resources and works effectively. What more could you ask for?

alvino said:
Definately. Nod32 is among the best. It's simple, doesn't hog resources and works effectively. What more could you ask for?

Avira
-.-.JPG

Okay, lets test it. How much resource does Nod32 use when running in the background.

The Freeware version of Avira uses 5,452

And if you use the Guard, thats unfortuantly, 22,912

alvino said:
I tried Nod32 and the interface is kind of ... well ... I just don't like it. :(

But its scanning engine is good, but its not free either. :(

Back
Top Bottom