Is it a virus?

DEvok

Baseband Member
my computer keeps on freezing while trying to load windows, even if its successfull it later on freezes, no even worse, when i switch the com on it says insert boot disk a, and sometimes says no os system plz insert disk, whats wrong with my computer? thanx in advance. :mad:

I dunno. Maybe you should try rewriting the boot sector. It's in the recovery console on the Windows CD if you boot from your disc drive.

You should probably wait for some more input, but that's what I would do.

DEvok said:
my computer keeps on freezing while trying to load windows, even if its successfull it later on freezes, no even worse, when i switch the com on it says insert boot disk a, and sometimes says no os system plz insert disk, whats wrong with my computer? thanx in advance. :mad:

looks like i would try reformat then install windows... sounds like corrupted or virus

DEvok said:
.... when i switch the com on it says insert boot disk a, and sometimes says no os system plz insert disk, whats wrong with my computer? thanx in advance. :mad:
Sounds like a dying hard drive to me, do you have S.M.A.R.T. monitoring enabled for the drive?

Next option would be to change out the (IDE?) cable in case it is a faulty cable, if that doesn't work go to the hard drive manufacturers website and download hard drive diagnostic tools to check the drive.

now it just says invaled boot disket, insert boot disket in drive a, whats wrong with it. this the only thing that it says when turning my com on,im on a diff com right now.

will a windows 98 boot up disk work for xp? and will the boot up disk fix the com???

Back
Top Bottom