vigor monsoon III on asus rampage II extreme and fan setup

Redonmyhead

Baseband Member
Hey, this is my first build. I just want to make sure this is normal for heavy cpu fan coolers. Got the monsoon III secured on the motherboard. I double checked the nuts to make sure they were good and tight and secured. Then I installed it on a sliding removable motherboard tray. Made sure the nuts were good and secured.

Because of the heavy weight of the vigor monsoon III, will this cooler lean a little south wise. It doesn't wiggle. It's secured to the mother board. However, when I take my finger and place it at the bottom tip of the cooler and gently push up, it barely moves up. Is this normal due to gravity? I looked at the site where the cooler and cpu meet and there's not a gap showing when pushing up on it. Just want to make sure this is normal since this is my first build. thanks for any advice

Sounds like you have it mounted on there perfectly. Now if it were moving quite a bit then you would need to worry, but just a tiny bit of movement is normal. You don't want it so tight that it crushes the poor CPU.

Dont think you have anything to worry about.

These heavy heatsinks are clamped to the bracket on the reverse side of the motherboard and the CPU is sandwiched nicely in between.

As long as the heatsink is attached properly and doesn't move everything is ok.

And you can check the efficiency of the beast with a temperature monitoring program. Just to make sure it's seated correctly.

Back
Top Bottom