video spliter question?

justinups

In Runtime
i need a 4 port video splitter that is plug n play.

the people i am doing this for have two projectors and an extra monitor on it.

when you start the computer up it gets to the windows xp load screen and the 3 other screens shut off after windows load screen goes away. the main monitor stays on. the video card is a dual port dvi and agp.

Yeah, you don't really want to be using the standard windows monitor tool for this, and as people have said, a connection splitter is a much better choice.

You can buy DVI boxes (you'll need 3 outputs and one input in that case), that'll output the same signal to more video sources, plus, since its digital, they'll be no signal worries either.
From the link you've posted though, your only option is VGA?

I see them running at work and they do a good enough job.

For sound, just plug the original computer up to a stereo system or something similar.

only thing we can use is vga.

can yall tell me y the monitors turn off after windows starts up.

It seems like the resolutions you are wanting to run at, and are running on the native screen are not compatable with the monitors/projectors you want to run them off.

Remember, some older TV's won't display properly a HD resolution, and some projectors maybe the same, OR you have the Hertz rating set to high, and your projector/TV's can't run higher than 50/60hz and your video card is outputting at 75-80hz, as an example.

The reason why it would go off after Windows starts is because the bootup runs at 640x480 at 60hz, whatever you have the Windows resolutions/hertz settings set to.
Then when Windows is starting, it could be switching to a higher hertz that the original display allows, but the other displays can't accept it and so move to standby.

So check the source resolution, and the source hertz ratings, and change them to suit the displays you are using.

Only problem with the splitter method, is after you do this, every display will have to have the same resolution, whatever size the output is, which may look terrible on a larger monitor, but great on a smaller monitor.

it only dose it on start up to fix this you have to put it in hibernate and change some cables around then start it up.

But you said that the displays turn off after Windows boots?...
It can't be the fact of the resolutions or hertz settings being off then... but still, its worth a shot checking this over.

Back
Top Bottom