Video on my tv from PC

fenni24

Beta member
I want to go out to my TV and display my computer on my TV. I have an RCA jack on the computer (or a composite video female jack) but when i plug that into my pc and tv, i get a snowstorm on my tv (lol the fuzzy stuff) How do i work it? do i need a driver? my graphics card is a geforce fx5600

Ok use the composite (Svideo) and connect it up then go to your computer and enter the control panel and look for display then click on settins tab then click on advanced button and in the next window look for Nview display settings and change that to TV. You will have to reset the resolution settings also as the TV settings are a lot lower than the computer. Play around with it till you get the right setting.

edit> you will also have to have your TV settings set to video<

I dont have an svideo i o0nly have the yellow one, and when i go into the nvidia controls i cant find any that says to tv or anything

Ok you can use the yellow video out jack and connect that way only you will have to also run a jack from your sound card to the tv. One for video and one for sound(mono)
As for you not being able to find the TV obtion...just keep looking because it is there where i told you it was.

That will be because of teh video card not sending a signal to it though.

Go to your display settings and go to Advanced at the bottom under teh Settings tab. Does it have a load of settings (like Monitor, 3D Settings, Displays)? Or just one tab to select or something?

I ask this because you might not have the full drivers installed for the video card, and might just have the standard VGA drivers windows has installed. In which case we could give you the link to download them.

After that is set, there would be a monitor setting where you'd be able to switch between the monitor and TV, or even show both at the same time. The TV would then recieve a signal :)

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom