Video errors on soyo p4x400 with radeon 9200se

mrjerryk

Beta member
I am building a computer for a friend at work. he bought all the parts and wanted me to put it together for him. Here is a list of the parts that he has.

Soyo Lan party Dragon case.
Soyo Dragon Lite p4x400 mainboard
Celeron 2.7 processor
speeze heatsink and cooling fan
Elixer 512MB PC3200 Ram x 1 chip
Diamond Stealth Radeon 9200se S80 Video card
Sound Blaster Audigy gamer sound card
1 120 gig Western Digital 8mb Hard Drive
1 250 gig Western Digital 8 mb Hard Drive
1 generic DVD Rom
1 Memorex CD-RW
Floppy Drive

I have installed all the components, but when I power up the computer I get a beep code. It is 1 long and 2 short. I looked up the code and it says that it is a VGA error code, or a memory error and to clear the C-MOS and try it again. Well I did that and I get the same error. So I replaced the memory chip with one of my 1 gig PC2700 chips and still the same error. I replaced the video card with an old on that I had laying around from a computer at work. When I did that the computer started to boot right up. So I tried the Radeon 9200se in my computer and it works just fine in it. The box says that it is compatible with 2.0 and 3.0 AGP slots and it is an 8x card. Everything matches up with the specs on the mainboard. The seems to be a comflict between the video card and the mainboard and I can't understand why. If any of you have any suggestions please let me know because I really don't want to tell him that he has to go out and buy a new video card.

Thanks in advance.

although it says the card is compatable with 2x and 3x the voltage maybe wrong and the motherboard is protecting itself and the card from damage.

you saying it boots with another card and the card works in your computer seems to back this up.

i would suggest buying a card that is agp 4x as 8x is of no use anyway because its not in use for most games etc anyway.

thanks

Thank You for your input. I will try another Video card that will beable to play some higher end games and see if that will work. If you know of any that you may think is compatible please let me know.

Again thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom