Video driver

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I have a laptop that has a Intel HD graphics card and I wanted to see if I can update it using Intels drivers but it says this

"A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."

Does this mean that my driver is different from Intels and I have to use the drivers from Sony basicly since my laptop is made from Sony? I been updating all of my drivers from Esupport website from Sony. I noticed that Intel also says this

"Usage:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer.

Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers."

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Basicly Intel is saying that to use only drivers from like HP, Acer, Sony, etc right since laptops like mine are branded computers? So basicly Intel is saying if I use there generic drivers it will not work right for my laptop.

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB3QFX/WI laptop and I got this last year. Here are some specs of my laptop.
I just wanted to know that is it ok to use generic drivers to update my video card or even sound card. Since according to Intel for my video card they are saying to use Sony drivers since mine is customized to work for my laptop. Basicly it seems like Intel is saying that if I use generic drivers my laptop could not work right or have the features I need.

Intel® Core™ i3 - 370M (2.40GHz)
8 GB DDR3/1066MHz
320 GB 5400rpm, Serial ATA
Realtek® High Definition Audio
Intel® HD graphics, 1.7GB VRAM
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the only update I could find for your laptop graphics card.

To answer your question: I can't say for sure that the generic drivers will do any harm or not, but I do know that some of the laptop manufactures have been increasingly customizing hardware for their systems to work more effectively with the other components or proprietary software. Given the fact that Sony is producing their own drivers for your graphics processor, coupled with the warning you received would lead one to believe that changes were made to the hardware or the way certain programs interact with the hardware. Try the drivers I linked. Is there a certain issue you're trying to resolve?

Well I just wanted to see if any performance will increase when using the newer generic drivers. I did already use the latest drivers from Sony and it did give me more fps on games since it's newer but just wondered if the Intel ones would even give more. But eatherway since my drivers are customized I can't use it looks like.

I do have that driver already that you linked since that's the one that helped my FPS a little. But that didn't fix The Sims 2 game.

Well I guess I could ask this but I don't know if you know the answer.

I been having this problem with The Sims 2 game only but for somereason everytime I play the game and if I' am in a home or viewing the town where the grass area suppose to be green it's black and then all of the sudden it would be green again. Then if I' am playing in a lot with the sims I get the weird skin texture like the fridge texture or hair or just black background on the grass area. Does anyone know how to fix this? It seems like there is some flickering problem since when it flickers then this happens and then if it flickers again it's gone and back to normal. It doesn't flicker all the time but couple times it does.

I do have the latest drivers from Sony and Windows updates from Microsoft for my laptop.

This is the only game I have this problem other games work fine.
I did couple days agao use Vaio Care and did a system clean up and also did the one click care thing so it did do the defrag and also disk clean up and even reg clean and defrag. Also I have tried to even recover the computer like new again and reinstall all of my games and programs and update the drivers and windows updates again but still this game has that problem. I have the base game of The Sims 2 PC game. No other expansion packs are installed. I got all my drivers from Sony esupport website and also my Vaio update program lets me know when there is an update for softwares and drivers. Basicly my computer is up to date but still have this problem on just one game.

Here is a pic of the problem I' am having but I don't know if this is a video driver problem it could be the game itself.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/Vanillaice378/005.jpg

I forgot to say this but this part where I said

"A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer."

Is from Intel saying after they detect my computers drivers and the other one that said

"Usage:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer.

Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers."

that one was said right at the download page before I actualy download the file. So Intel is saying in general use OEM drivers since they are customized.

I did went ahead and download the file and tried to install it but I got this error message.

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Setup will exit."

So apparently my drivers are forsure not generic so I have no choice but to use Sonys drivers. So I guess I will have to wait till Sony updates the drivers since I did talk to the techs and they said they will create a ticket and send it to the techs but they did say that this doesn't mean forsure they will make a new driver. So basicly they might or might not do it. I hope they will though.

Back
Top Bottom