Video Card trouble?? Resolution keeps changing in Counter-Strike!

Shooter116

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I am having some problems playing counterstrike on my normal resolution. I have been playing on widescreen mode, 1280x900 for at least a couple months. I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden that resolution and a few other widescreen resolutions look very bad quality, and sometimes half of the screen will be black... but if I use the non-widescreen resolutions, it looks normal? I havent added any hardware unless you want to count my mouse and keyboard.. but I don't think that could be the problem. I dont know what to do at this point. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my video card drivers twice, no luck. Also, I should point out that ever since this started happening, if I stay in a server for about 5-10 minutes. The game freezes up for a few minutes then gives me a blue screen saying it was a video card driver failure?? Someone help me out please.. I just wanna play cs lol

Dell Dimension 4550
Intel P4 2.0ghz
1GB DDR
NVIDIA GeForce 6200

uninstall and reinstall drivers
then tell me what the maximum res of your monitor is

I did uninstall and reinstall them, twice. The max resolution of my monitor is 1680x1050. It's a Samsung 22"

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I am also encountering another problem now. I keep getting the famous nv4_disp infinite loop error.. I have tried numerous things to figure out a solution for both of these problems. It's to the point now that I can't play a steady game of cs anymore which sucks...

Change the resolution in the config, reinstall drivers for GPU....but creat an autoexec or something with the resolution 1280x900. or also creat a desktop shortcut and right click, go to properties, and see where it says target..after -applaunch 240 type -resolution 1280x900. try it

the shortcut I have says -applaunch 10

I didnt change it to that, but does that mean anything?

edit: tried it but still no luck :(

the applaunch thing means it has to launch from steam, because thats just how steam works, like CSS isnt a normal game, you have have steam open and be logged in to play it.

also start running virus scans, you can pretty much find a virus to do just about anything, lucky you dont run into stupid ones that change your registry so when your mouse moves down the cursor moves up :p

Just did a registry cleanup and a Virus scan, no luck still... i'm in the process of building a new PC but I still want to play until that gets here. But I guess that's out of the question now lol

Tried that one, as well as the one you said before. Neither did anything, the resolution in game stays at what its been set at. Which is 1280x800 and still looks like crap. 1280x900 and 1240x900 arent even listed in the resolution list in the game

Am I typing it wrong? This is what it reads..

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -resolution 1240x900

Back
Top Bottom