Video card question

How go i get them once im on my new computer that i need them for, with no video card i cant see...? I'm a little confused. Do I have to burn the drivers onto a disk from this computer then put on my new one?

No no no. Plug in the video card, you will be able to see. It just won't be running as smoothly as it would be with the new drivers. Then you go to nVidia's website and there you select the model of you card and you download the driver's there. Or if you feel more comfortable you can use the onboard video card (assuming your mb has one)

The mobo doesn't have any onboard video just onboard audio.

But thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Is senior member 500 posts?

The mobo doesn't have any onboard video just onboard audio.

But thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: Is senior member 500 posts?

Yeah you will be able to see fine, but until you install the drivers doing something like dragging a window around or playing a video will look very bad.

The drivers don't update the card itself no.
They just update the software which lets the card talk to Windows in a more friendly manner than the last set, which usually fixes bugs, brings along new ones, adds more support, etc, etc.

The drivers don't update the card itself no.
They just update the software which lets the card talk to Windows in a more friendly manner than the last set, which usually fixes bugs, brings along new ones, adds more support, etc, etc.
Ok thanks ive always kind of knew that the drivers just make it better but never really knew why.

That card will run Vista, but you wont get to take advanyage of all the DX10 goodies. The 7600 only supports DX9. I would suggest at least a 8600GT as it has full support for DX10.

The reason it doesn't say it supports Vista is probably because it was made for XP before Vista was even out. Doesn't mean it won't work, just means you can't use DX10 with it. The 7600GT is still an able card, does pretty good with most graphics stuff I do.

Back
Top Bottom