Video card Problem

Jsnipe

Solid State Member
Hello

I'm having a problem that I believe is being caused by my video card.

I used to play the game wolfenstien enemy territory, until I got a full time job.
Now I occasionally go back and play a match or two.

Since I started playing again, I've noticed that my fps for this old game only reaches about 50 set on preformence :confused: , when I used to get about 350 set on preformence.

I can't figure out what could be causing this,
any help would be much appreciated.

- Jsnipe

You may have more running in the background than you did back then? You also might've upgraded drivers and it had a negative impact on performance, especially if it was an older card. It's rare but not unheard of.

Either way, 50 fps is perfectly playable and if it's not bothering you too much I wouldn't bother tinkering. If it drops and drops to well below 30, then that's something that I'd think was worth looking at - but at the moment I wouldn't worry :)

No I am not running more in the back ground,Infact, I'm running less.

I just updated my drivers to the 186.18 and as far I as I know that's the newest out there.

Are you sure all the settings are the same? One possibility is that there's some overriding settings in the control panel forcing anti aliasing on or something similar? I'd have a check of those and make sure they're all set to let the application decide (or whatever similar setting there is.)

Back
Top Bottom