Video card for gaming PC?

blp

Solid State Member
Wondering what kind of video card you guys/gals are using for your gaming PC's? Will be playing games like Halflife 2, Doom3 and rome total war. I have heard some brands are better than others at certain games, I just want something that is good all around. I dont know of any other brands besides ATI and nVIDIA so I would like to stick with these. I am looking to spend around $450. By the way I will not be building this computer someone else I know is, (I know I sound like a newb, it is because I am one).

You will get different answers...bottom line nVidia and ATI are both great cards...it is a personal preference.

I love ATI. I have had bad nVidia as well as bad ATIs, but I seem to stick with ATI.

I haven't heard of Amigo Communication as a manufacturer.

I would stick with ATI, Visiontek, Sapphire, MSI and ASUS, in that order.

I have had VisionTek and I currently use made by ATI X800Pro.

Make sure it is PRO!

this is what really matters in your gaming pc, the x800 pro is a great card, I'd stick with that.

what? lol amigo communications? lol, plus that card is a rip off.

I got my x800pro for $330

wait til the mid to end of january to buy a video card. New x850 will come out and drive the prices down a bit, or you can get one of those.

Oh Yeah this new ATI PCIex card just showed up today. Its called the x800XL. Its faster than the X800Pro and cheaper too.

So if he goes with PCIex i recommend that.

oh and the 9800xt is much slower than the X800pro

Back
Top Bottom