video card

maxitaxi7

Solid State Member
i recently had BSOD problems and have ruled out that the RAM is causing the problem. so my next step is buying a new video card and i need some help deciding what to buy. i don't do any gaming on my computer and would only need one to do the basic web surfing and music listening (about the extent of my computer use). i have a dell dimension 2400 (about 3 years old) and the current video card is 64mb. i've briefly read that there are two types of video cards, one of which would go in my PCI slots. which type would be best for me? what memory/brand/etc. should i be looking at?

BFG is the most stable cards out there plus they have a lifetime warrenty..

Look on newegg.com, something cheap, 128mg would work fine for you.

well if u don't do any gaming then a simple pci card would be good. They absolutely suck at anything graphics intensive, but will be more than enough for browsing the internet, watching movies etc. As for the manufacturer, I've used asus cards for the as long as I can remember (which really isn't that much :p, maybe like 3 or so years) and I've always been happy with everything about the cards.

you can go to walmart or staples and pick up a PCI video card for very cheap, so you could have your computer up and running tonight.
also make sure you take out your other Graphics card, it is porbally going to be in a BROWN slot, that slot is called AGP.

good luck,

Back
Top Bottom