video card

teamo1

Baseband Member
I will be building my first computer in the coming months. I bought a 4200 FX 2 and Asus M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard. I was wondering if it would be better to buy two cheaper video cards such as the 6800 GT or buy the 7600 or 7800 now and save up for another one in the future? Also any thoughts on the best memory or are they all about the same as far as the manufacturer?
Thanks

if your looking for a video card than get. 7900GT, or 7900GX2 (W.e its called)

teamo said:
I will be building my first computer in the coming months. I bought a 4200 FX 2 and Asus M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard. I was wondering if it would be better to buy two cheaper video cards such as the 6800 GT or buy the 7600 or 7800 now and save up for another one in the future? Also any thoughts on the best memory or are they all about the same as far as the manufacturer?
Thanks
get a 7600GT and save up money for a DX10 cards coming out after Dec.

Yea, you'll get better performance from one of the latest 7 series GT cards instead of a couple of 6800GTs.

As for RAM, any of the performance memory from Corsair, OCZ, G.Skill, Geil, etc. will work great.

I just did some reading at some of the computer sites. What is the difference if any, performance wise, with a higher core clock. Does this affect how good the card is.

Higher core clock =

-more shader operations per second
-a higher pixel fill rate
-a higher texture fill rate
-more vertex operations per second

there may be some more stuff that I don't know about

Back
Top Bottom