Victim of Counterfitting?!? WTF!!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
ok my dad sent his laptop to hp to be fixed (fan problem, they thought it was the hard drive) so they replaced the hard drive, fixed the fan, and installed a fresh copy of windows xp without putting the original cd key in there (they put something else other than what was on the computer (i used magic jellybean key finder for that)) so now i'm getting errors of 'you may be a victim of counterfitting' or something.
testcv7.jpg

(i went into safemode cause i just had to take a picture of it real quick.)
i've never seen this before...

Then you guys got owned, I think...

If I were you, I'd bring it back and show the screenie with it.

john123 said:
yeah well you could just reinstall windows again...
That's what i'd do, reinstall using your own original restore cd's, you may have to reregister (via phone) with Microsoft as the hdd has been changed.

that's called windows genuine advantage, look it up and how to delete it, and it won't notify you anymore. it's a program downloaded over windows update. once the program is deleted it won't bother you anymore.

Take it to whoever built it fo ya...or send it back to dell or w/e

Whoever serviced it for you used a illegal copy of Windows XP which is why you're getting all that Windows Genuine Advantage crap. Just get your original XP key, call Microsoft and explain to them what happened and they'll probably reactivate the old key for you.

Back
Top Bottom