VERY, VERY, VERY old comp help

brianmay27

Solid State Member
Ok might ask wtf are you doing with a 1989 computer. well i always wanted to try one out. Happens that my boss had one and asked me to take the hard drive out. I pleded with him and he let me keep it. It is a wyse wy2112-01. the only problem is i cant get the video driver working. i made a 9pin to a 15 pin cable to connect to a monitor (modern day) and cant get it working. I dont know if the monitors today dont allow it or what but can someone help me. Supprisingly i found a site that has the video driver! here. http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d94-tan/pckort/hpegaeng.txt Also it uses i think a serial keyboard. is there a way to make a keyboard today into a serial. Also dont want to spend money.

Yeah. saw that. Not 100% the same but close enough. But that does not give me the info i need. I think the only difference is the video card

edit... My bad. i made the cable from 9 to 15 for just vga found a ega to vga. works now but i need a keyboard. Also where does the keyboard go?

Damn that thing must handle up to date stuff like a charm lol

Not busting on ya bro but thats an old computer lol

I want one!

haha thats nothing to compared to the Apple SE i found with my friend in the garbage :) 1986 all the way!! 8mhz cpu :D

Back
Top Bottom