Using two grahics cards

jeo14888

Baseband Member
Hi, later in the week i am going to my friends house for a little lan party, i am going to use one of his pc's for it and i was just wondering if i could put my grahics card in the borrowed pc to boost the performance. I have a PCI nvidia GeForce FX 5500 :(, and he has a nvidia 6600 or something like that, but it is PCI-express. He has a spare PCI slot on his computer for my card, but we don't know if it will work at all. Will it be as simple as plug and play if it does work or will it need a lot of configuration/drivers etc. I thought the drivers shouldnt be an issue as he's on pretty much the same card.

I also wondered if it was possible for me to run the original crappy little graphics card from my motherboard (Intel[R] 82865G Graphics Controller), alongside my nvidia card. Even if i can would there be a noticeable difference in performance? Is it really worth it? Thjanks.

you would want to keep the NVidia 6600. its much more better. for starters its PCIexpress which is way better than PCI. correct me if iam wrong here, i thought the geforce 5500 was an agp card?

alright cheers, worth a shot, what about using the built in graphics thing on my motherboard aswell as the nvidia card, is that a good or bad idea?

i dont think that will even work. all the boards i've worked with compleatly shut off onboard video if they detect a second video card (thats one not built onto the board). even if yours stayed on, it would not increase your performance what-so-ever.

Back
Top Bottom