using pagefile=need more memory?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
i have been having problems with the audio distorting when i am chating on msn messenger (version 8), and also do the video, but the audio is perfect if i do a chat using only the audio and not the video....i was just im'ing, and saw that my pagefile use was like 400MB..does that mean i need more memory or what? i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not because now i'm not im'ing, and the pf usage is still like 385MB.

is there anyone else out there with a system similar to mine (intel pentium 4 @3Ghz and 512MB of RAM) who is able to use msn messenger for webcaming and the audio comes in real clear when also using the video? or am i going to need to have more ram than that for the audio and video to come in good?

i just ran a test using http://speakeasy.net/speedtest/ (if anyone has a better one to use to test it let me know cause i just found this testing site doing a search), and the results were listed as:
download speed: 1508 kbps (188.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
upload speed: 373 kbps (46.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

as a side note, can someone explain the difference in the first speed listed compared to the listing in the parenthesis?

Back
Top Bottom