Using Outlook 2002 and Word 2000

na.cooke

Beta member
Dear all

My first posting to this forum.

I have recently bought myself and iPAQ and I am very pleased with it, too! :).

On the CD that came with it is a copy of Outlook 2002 and the asvice to upgrade which I duly did. My machine is a 5 yearold Pentium II with heaps of RAM and running W2K. I have the free version of ZoneAlarm and AVG as my virus protection.

I would dearly like to continue to use Word as my email editor but when I go to the relevant place (Tools-->Options-->Mail format tab) I can't select the "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" because it is greyed out.

Any thoughts on this one. Do I need to change something in my Word setup?

In hopes

Nick

I have no idea what an iPAQ is?

Pentium II, I would have thought that Outlook 2002 would not go on it.

Which version of Word do you have?

EDIT: Ha Ha, I see it now; that is probably the problem. Word 2000 is two versions behind Outlook 2002 and I don't think that at the time Word had the ability to act as E-mail editor.

thanks for your reply my lord. I have been using Word as my email editor for a long time now. It is only since I upgraded to Outlook 2002 that I have been unable to select that option.

N

Outlook 2002 uses Word by default. But not in the sense of opening up the Word Program. The email editor in Outlook is built on top of the Word engine and works 90% exactly like Word. There are just some formatting issues that Outlook doesn't provide.

Stop using Word as your email editor and use Outlook. You will like it just as much.

Or get Outlook 2003! Thats very good indeed.

I don't know what to say then, but Killer has the right idea - just use the Outlook one, its practically the same thing.

Oh, I love people who call me 'My Lord'! :D

I just came across the answer for this problem.

On the package from OUTLOOK 2003:

"If users upgrade to Outlook 2003 before upgrading to other Office applications, they will not be able to use Microsoft WordMail as their e-mail editor. The version of Microsoft Word must match the version of Outlook in order for WordMail to be available as the editor in Outlook."

That explains it. The version of Outlook and Work must match in order to use Word as your default e-mail editor.

A little late, but it is an answer.

Wow; how did you remmember that? The questions was out of my mind entirely by that point! :D

Well; at least we know incase anybody else asks now.

Back
Top Bottom