using a dell tower

d_romprey

Baseband Member
I have an older dell tower I believe is an 8500(?) series, one of there upper units in early 2000's. Can this case be used if I get a new motherboard et al. or is it propietary or I need some adapter plate. Actually I can make ,anything fit in anything, but I'm getting lazy in my old age. I have other towers I can use I just Like the look of the dell. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

A case is just a case. If you can squeeze it all in there, you can use it.

Strip the dell case and have a look at how much room is in there.

A case is just a case. If you can squeeze it all in there, you can use it.

Not always true. Some Dells (and other big companies) used proprietary case->motherboard connections so you were stuck with only their hardware. Best way to tell is to open it up and trace the cables from the front of the case to the motherboard. if they are on a ribbon cable then you are out of luck, but if the cables are in pairs or by themselves then you should be ok.

Not always true. Some Dells (and other big companies) used proprietary case->motherboard connections so you were stuck with only their hardware. Best way to tell is to open it up and trace the cables from the front of the case to the motherboard. if they are on a ribbon cable then you are out of luck, but if the cables are in pairs or by themselves then you should be ok.

That's just for the power switch. You can always get another.

Back
Top Bottom