Uses for an extra PC....

Godfather950

Baseband Member
I just recently aquired an extra dell pc from a friend who bought a new one when they got hit with spyware, their mistake = my benefit, I cleaned it up and was wondering what i should do with it? It is a dell dimmension 8250, P4 3Gigs and 256 MBs of Ram. What should I do with this gift...possib;y an exchange server, or a web server, I have 2 websites, but are currently being hosted by doteasy.com. I am unfamiliar with windows server 2003, and with hosting things in general. Anyone got any suggestions or direction to go with this?

you could host your websites from it or use it as a server for your home to store photos and apps for everyone to use and see. :)

I'd use it as a torrent machine. Tell your friends if they have any more "broken" pcs because of spyware i'll be more then glad to take it free of charge.

wow way to take a pc from a friend that u know can easily be fixed lol, a torrent machine = a machine u download torrents on...

Yea, a normal torrent machine invovles

Low end CPU Somthing below 150 bucks
Low end GPU Lower then 50
DVD burner
mobo
BIG HD

Also a fairly good PSU since it ruuns 24/7. And basically you jsut run that 24/7 and its only job it download and upload torrents.

Back
Top Bottom