USB Root Hub

shadygirl420

In Runtime
Well im doing a fresh install of windows xp, when im at the installation page I get a prompt that comes up and says "USB ROOT HUB" . The mouse and keyboard will work fine in BIOS, it just wont work when windows is trying to install. Im not sure what to do.

i had the same problem and mine was because i tried folowing some1's instructions of replacing some usb. files on the windows c.d so i could install it onto my external hardrive i just swapped back to normal xp cd and worked fine.

is it a legit copy or downloaded 1 ?

have u used it before ?

IMO its a dodgy / broken c.d

That sound's like you have a USB Hub with your keyboard and mouse plugged into it. Plug them directly into your PC (if you have a hub), otherwhise i cant think of anything else...

i had the same problem and mine was because i tried folowing some1's instructions of replacing some usb. files on the windows c.d so i could install it onto my external hardrive i just swapped back to normal xp cd and worked fine.

is it a legit copy or downloaded 1 ?
No its legit i bought it awhile back
have u used it before ?

IMO its a dodgy / broken c.d
No its legit i bought it awhile back, no its not broken

That sound's like you have a USB Hub with your keyboard and mouse plugged into it. Plug them directly into your PC (if you have a hub), otherwhise i cant think of anything else...

Yea they go into usb ports no other ports for them

Back
Top Bottom