USB recognition issues

shadowg3

Solid State Member
I recently had to upgrade my motherboard and processor. All went well until I started getting USB recognition issues.

I have seven USB devices that I run day to day, mouse, keyboard, ipod, camera card transfer, printer, headset, and a flash drive. The problem is that I only have 4 usb slots.

Whenever I unplug one device for another, no power will go to the new device. Windows wont recognize it or even give power to it unless I shut down my system, plug in the device I want, and turn back on the system. Whatever is plugged in on boot up works fine. This means I have to turn off my system each time I want to exchange devices.

Any suggestions as to fix this?

Well, certain things will give you that problem some times. I have no idea why, but I used to face that some times. Like accidentaly unplugging my mouse.. then it wont work until a reboot.

You said seven ports is what you need and you only have four? Well, go to walmart and they have a nice little four-port hub. Just plug that in one of your usb ports and BAM! you have seven.

Yep.
In the tray you'll see a inverted green triangle over a usb plug. Double click that. A window opens that's a list of the usb devices you have plugged in. Select the one you want to remove and follow the prompts.

As for not enough ports if you go pooka's route make sure you get a powered usb hub. The powered hub provides power to the devices independant of the PC itself. But if that's a new board it should have come with some usb ports on a pci bracket that plugs in to a header on the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom