usb to HDMI???

DefCon_!1!

Fully Optimized
i was wondering,

i just got my ps3, and it dosent look so good on my old tube tv.

is there a way to get HDMI on my laptop, though a usb or something

that away, i can actually read text!!!!

JogaBonito - I don't think he's looking for that. I think he's looking for an input into the laptop so that he can use the laptop screen as a monitor.

Try looking for a Video Capture USB or PCMCIA (cardbus) adapter, and make sure it has either HDMI or if you can't find any with HDMI, find one with component.

unfortunately i havent found any that have HDMI or component, and the only USB 2.0 or PCMCIA cards that have HD-capability are the ones with Coaxial jacks. (remember, yellow/white/red is NOT what you're looking for)

If you could somehow get your PS3 to output through coaxial (the screwy jack) either thru a receiver or converter or something, then this you could get an HDTV tuner for your laptop or a USB 2.0 device that could do it, and then just fullscreen the monitor that views whats plugged in.

Another problem is that even if you did find a way to theoretically do it, there might be a delay which will not help you in gaming. Although sometimes you can go to the Windows REgistry and apply a patch that prevents this delay (a lot of Hauppauge cards are like this because they have hardware encoders which the video runs thru, delaying the picture by about a second).

either way good luck defcon, and congrats on your PS3. I hope you use it to its fullest extent.

Sorry bud, that's the downside of upgrading to a HD console with an SD TV. Why don't you save up for a new TV or a new monitor? I'm sure Sony has VGA cables that plug into the PS3 so you can output on a monitor just like the Xbox 360.

Sorry bud, that's the downside of upgrading to a HD console with an SD TV. Why don't you save up for a new TV or a new monitor? I'm sure Sony has VGA cables that plug into the PS3 so you can output on a monitor just like the Xbox 360.

You're wrong about that- there's no VGA connection for the PS3. You can buy an HDMI to DVI cable for $4, however. (monoprice.com)

Oh okay, I thought Sony made a VGA cable like Microsoft did. Yeah, you can always buy an HDMI to DVI adapter.

Back
Top Bottom