Upgrading To USB 2.0

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I was wondering about this because I wanted to update my slow USB 1.1 ports to USB 2.0 ports so I can get a faster speed with my USB 2.0 jump drive and my digital camera and whatnot.

If I got one of those card things, would I need one for my front ports and for the back or just for the back or what?

Sorry I may sound completely empty-minded and stupid, but I have no clue what I have to do to install USB 2.0.

Could someone tell me? Can I do it myself without basically any knowledge of the inside of my computer besides what each part does? Do I need to be grounded? Too many questions... :(

EDIT: I currently have 2 ports on the back and two ports on the front... if I bought that card would there be no room on the back of my computer for the extra 2 ports???

are you sure the back usb ports are not already USB 2.0?

very often they are, and the front 2 'extra' USB ports are not 2.0 due to MB/Connector contraints

P

buy a usb pci card (2.0)and shuv it in a spare pci socket inside your pc. sorted!

Does one card work with the front and back and how do I connect it to the front one do I need another card to put up front or do I join something from the internal port on the card in the backIm confused

eh? a usb pci card just slots into a socket inside your pc and you plug the usbs into that. the front usbs are connected to the motherboard by a wire(s) i think whereas the back ones are soldered on. just get a usb pci card

i know that. but atleast you'll have some 2.0 usbs. just forget the others, thats what id do. no mess, no fuss

Back
Top Bottom