Upgrading opinions

cindersky

Beta member
I feel inadequate with my current gaming set up and want to explore my upgrade options like namely...what are they. Heard the community was good here so here I am.
My specs:
------------------------------------
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: IdeaCentre K330B
BIOS: LENOVO BIOS Rev: 1.0
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Power Suppy: 250 Watts
-------------------------------------
I know my power suppy needs to be significantly highly like 700watts or something so I can use a better graphic cards but not sure what is compatible. As for my motherboard and processor, I assume they aren't total crap but I probably might be wrong. Looking to do this within a budget 100-200 per part. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
Not really overkill in any way.
It looks like a fine upgrade.
How can you call it a gaming setup btw?
According to this web site, it only has a integrated GPU. It's a very small low powered GPU inside the CPU that is in no way meant for gaming. What are you gaming currently?

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Lenovo IdeaCentre K330B 7747 Overview & Specs - Desktops - CNET Reviews

Lenovo IdeaCentre K330B 7747 Overview & Specs - Desktops - CNET Reviews

Ah my shame lol. Its a gaming set up in a sense that's my only setup which I incidentally use for gaming. Yea.... My gaming history for the recent years has been pretty meh due to the lack good titles and the delay of the korean ones coming out. I currently run Hearthstone, Starbound. Did play tera till the latest endgame till half a year back and it seemed to run okay but I've always knew what I had was weak compared to the feasible alternatives. I assumed replacing the integrated power supply and graphic card was all I needed. According to some statistic, my processor while outdated seemed to be still holds it own compared to some of the current gen technology. And the motherboard is usually the part that least need to be the top of the line, most motherboards accommodates all unless you go insane.

Last edited:
Don't go overboard on the power supply because they'll draw more than what you are using so 450-500 watts should cover it well. As to the 7770 it's a good card but meets bare minimum for gaming so it'll do on medium res and some on high depending on the games.

Do go for quality PSUs as they provide ample amperage on the rails. My fav is Seasonic and is well regarded.

Back
Top Bottom