Upgrading Help Thread #9823742384

Gulega

Beta member
Hello. I, obviously, need some help with upgrading my computer. I've played games and such for years, but only recently have I gotten more into "gaming" itself. As such, I need better equip, as you'll see when you look at this terrible, terrible machine. So any advice/warnings when I list everything I have selected would be much appreciated. The budget I have is around $500 dollars, which my selections I've currently made are around $400.

HP Pavilion Slimline s5310f Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Slimline s5310f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
^ This is my computer, I haven't done any upgrading on it. And yes, that graphics card IS terrible. The only worry I've heard is that the silly slimline casing may be too small to fit in new hardware.

Newegg.com - OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom
^ The new power supplier I saw. 1) I don't know if it has too much power overall, but that's why I here. 2) I've heard complaints that 24 pin power supply computers (like mine) can't work with 20 +4 pin suppliers, like the one above. Is this true?

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
^ The new processor I selected. I don't know any problems that have arisen because of this piece, unlike the others.

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1372-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
^ The new graphics card. I've heard that new graphics cards can't fit because of the silly slimline casing, due to the built in fan pieces like the one above. Also, this card I selected is an express 2 x16. The system I have specifies express x16. I've heard mixed reports about 2 x16 working on x16 systems, so I'd like to verify that.

This is all I've found out with my semi-limited knowledge and research I've conducted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom