Upgrading the Dell inspiron s531

vaironl

In Runtime
Hello guys, I'm trying to upgrade my desktop which is a Dell inspiron s531.
Can someone tell me what kind of ram should I buy and video card? And what is the max I can go without overheating it?

Thanks
P.s
I did some research but I want to be safe

First off, I will need you to list me your motherboard, and how many watts does your power supply give out?

First off, I will need you to list me your motherboard, and how many watts does your power supply give out?

Do you mind if I answer that Tuesday . Im on a trip and I actually forgot to take those in consideration . Though my signature says this

[MY PC] - Desktop
Windows vista home premium
AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
1.50GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

By the way I added 500mb of ram, and I'll try to find other details tuesday.

Open up your case and find the PSU box that connects your power cable to the computer and look for the ammount of Watts it gives. It should be there.

You should be able to find your power supply on the top or bottom left corner in the inside of your computer.

You should be able to find your power supply on the top or bottom left corner in the inside of your computer.

Oh so it requires opening it, no problem but at the moment I have a broken hand and it will take me a while so i might do it tomorrow if it's not a problem for you. Sorry for that

Back
Top Bottom