Upgrading to core duo 2 E6750

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
Will i see an improvment in speed from the rig in my sig, ill be getting a cd2 e6750 1333fsb 2.66ghz, evga 680i sli mobo with twin corsiar xms ddr2 800 2gb, im hoping ill see an improvment in games etc, from all the reviews ive read that cpu beats the amd 6000 on all tests, just wondering if anyne has upgraded from an amd to an intel, ive always had amd, apart from once, i had an intel 486 sx 25mhz ;)

im hoping to see improvements in games like bio shock with this new cpu, ill be overclocking it too, hopefully to 3.2ghz, a lot have gone higher but this seems a safe oc.

Yes you should see a major difference, between your processor and the E6750.

Great, wasnt too sure to be honest, and wow the core d's have dropped in price since i last looked!!! i like this as well because its upgradeable whereas as soon as i bought my 939 socket, the sods bought out AM2 :(

cheers, roll on wednesday!, hope i can overclock ok with that mobo and ram.

Yeah, it's a pretty good processor. You should definitely get an aftermarket cooler though. 3.2 GHz shouldn't be very hard to reach, but just to be safe you should get a new HSF.

yeah ill be using the zalman 9700 led ive got on my amd now, great hsf. Is my amd enough to maximise the potential of the 7950gx2? i know its an old card now well oldish anyway. Sometimes a lot of games i play, i get pretty good fps but not as much as id expect.

Learnt loads from the board im using now, about overclocking, its a great board, best ive ever had, so many options to overclock from in the bios, basically ive got the most out of this pc now, overclocked to the max witht he memory i have so itll be nice to try and get 3.2 with the new cpu, i dont relaly want to up the voltage though unless its by a tiny amount, but ill see.

You have picked a good board to oc on. The only thing is you probably won't be able to do a huge oc with the proc fsb at 1333 mhz, but you are only wanting a small oc.

You should be able to hit 3.5 also. It just makes it a little harder bc the FSB is so high. At 3.5 you will probably have to alter your voltage though.

Back
Top Bottom