Upgrading Computer

compooterguy

Beta member
I want to upgrade my computer to make it run better but I dont know what I should upgrade I have :

System Info Model : Dell Dimension 8400
Chassis Type : Mini Tower
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Processor: Number Of Processors : 1 Hyper-Threading Enabled
Type : Intel Pentium 4 530 3000 MHz
Processors Bus Speed : 800 MHz
Motherboard Manufacturer : Dell Inc.
Model : 0U7077 Rev. Not Available
CPU Slot/Socket Type : LGA775
Chipset Vendor : Intel i925X Rev. B1
Bios Manufacturer : Dell Inc.
Bios Version : A03
Graphics Model : ATI PCIE RADEON X800 XT
PCIE Speed : 16x
Monitor : Plug and Play Monitor
Storage Hard Drive 1 : Maxtor 6 Y160M0
Size : 152.59 GB
Memory Total RAM Installed : 1536 MB
Type : DDR2 Regular UDIMM PC4300
Used RAM Slots: 4 of 4
Peripherals USB Version : 2.0

you have to be careful when upgrading a dell computer. they make it so a lot of parts has to come from them to upgrade your computer.

your computer looks kick ass to me. maybe upgrade to a ATX case and MOBO. if you wanted to go farther you could also get a dual core CPU.

a new case?

The thought of buying a new case sounds appealing but why would i need a new one? And if you could point out some good ones that would be nice.

Re: a new case?

compooterguy said:
The thought of buying a new case sounds appealing but why would i need a new one? And if you could point out some good ones that would be nice.

why would u even need to upgrade? For the case just go to a web site (for example www.newegg.com) and look for cases. Take one that fits in your budget, looks good and has a good cooling opportunities. (fans installed, or places where u can put fans to)

a bigger case and motherboard will give you more space to add new hardware. it's all i could come up with because your computer is good,lol. if you don't wont to get a new case and motherboard then just upgrade your CPU to a dual core.

Back
Top Bottom