Upgrade question

northwings

Baseband Member
And Athlon x86 could be a SlotA socketA, socket754 or socket 939... Use something to CPUz to tell use exactly what you have... Regardless, that should be a decent upgrade as I have a feeling you have an older processor. However, assuming this, you probably don't have the DDR RAM as that mobo requires and possibly not even an AGP video card(that one has no onboard, which I prefer!)

Your drives should work fine. Your Powersupply probably would, but it might be a good idea to upgrade. If it's older, it might be around a 200watt, and most computers need around 300 watts min. I will say mine's currently pulling around 150 watts, but it'll probably spike if I try to game or anything like that.

I have to say no, it will not get you significant upgrade. Stay away from the Socket 754 and go with a Socket 939 for higher HTT and Dual Channel support, something Socket 754 does not support.

Your hard drive, optical drives will work fine. I agree with Other_One in getting a new power supply. I'd say a minimum of 350-400 watts if you plan on upgrading the motherboard/CPU/memory.

Well my laptop is a Sempron 2800 and apparently 754, and is great for normal production stuff. Gamming, I've yet to try, but the video card in it is crap, even compared to my older laptop.

Back
Top Bottom