Upgrade Help Please

amanat69

In Runtime
Hello,

My current specification: 2.93GHz Pentium 4 515 processor, Gigabyte 6800GT graphics card, 2 x 512mb RAM (400mhz), 160gb seagate hard disk.

I find that this specification is not performing to what it should. I play Counter-Strike: Source, and I recieve between 50- 75 fps, and average of 70 fps. My friend has a ati x800gto2 and with a amd 2800 + and he gets fps of 100. What is going on? Also, a lot of people tell me that my processor is pretty crap. I made the mistake of buying a pre built pc from PC WORLD, a Packard Bell at that! It originally came with 512 RAM and a ati x300, but i upgraded this.

I think it might be my processor... Can anyone tell me about this?

If I upgrade my processor, what shall I upgrade it to? Along with the motherboard?

Or, shall I wait till next year when the new windows 64-bit comes out - or will the amd athlon 64 bit processors work just as well as the processors that come out next year. I'm very confused and I don't know what to do. But for the money i've spent on my pc, I feel i'm not getting what I should from it.

Can someone please help me and give me the run down. I like to play games a lot and I like to have the best system if you know what I mean - I like to play games on high graphics.

Thanks,
Amanat - 19/M/UK

well he has a better processor. amd are overall better in gaming than intels. also urs is prebuilt and his he built himself? and i think his card might be slightly better lemme check. and 70fps is good a human eye cant tell after 60-65 fps i think.

if u have the money upgrade ur motherboard and processor and u prolly will need some more ram and a new psu. so it could cost like another 500dollars. so its really up to u. a new athlon 64 3500 will be a big leap for u.

You don't need 64 bit Windows for your P4 because the CPU itself won't do anything with it anyways. Try reformatting your hard drive all over again so you have a fresh clean build. That's a decent system and shouldn't react that slow.

Back
Top Bottom