Updated from 2Gb to 4Gb and Vista64 is only showing 3Gb

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Hello all. ive updated from 2Gb Ram to 4Gb. all sticks are extactly the same speed, size and timings (check my sig). I have vista64 but it only says that I have about 3Gb. what am I doing wrong here? do i need to update my motherboard bios or something?

EDIT: CPU-z is picking up 4Gb of ram alright.

What the hell? 16GB? Ya pull a couple 4 Gig sticks out of your ass?

Might be something using it up how many mb does it say that is in there?

Maybe something that your mobo doesnt support, according to your sig you have ddr500? What is that? I know 667 and 800 that's about it...

word
wut the hell is ddr500?
i was thinking DDR2-800, as a 4GB Dimm of that costs about $500+ thats y i said $2200

What the hell? 16GB? Ya pull a couple 4 Gig sticks out of your ass?

Might be something using it up how many mb does it say that is in there?

Maybe something that your mobo doesnt support, according to your sig you have ddr500? What is that? I know 667 and 800 that's about it...
i can just imagine looking back at this thread in a few years and saying:
"haha look at this joker, im running 32gb ram, i dont know how they survived with 4gb back then, must have sucked"

i can just imagine looking back at this thread in a few years and saying:
"haha look at this joker, im running 32gb ram, i dont know how they survived with 4gb back then, must have sucked"

Hahah yeah. I remember when 256 or even 512 was uber leet!

Haha, most leet I knew was 1GB (about 1 year and 3 months i've been into computers) Back when we were in DDR 400 and AGP I got my first GPU (Radeon 9200)

Ok so i guess ill be the first real help.

are you 100% sure its 64 bit? even if it is\isnt other programs will be able to read\access the other GB or so of ram, just not windows, and unless windows is taking up some absurd amount of ram windows will never address itself that high. everything should be fine when you play games

Back
Top Bottom