unwanted advertising problems

fjf1329

Solid State Member
I am not a computer literate type guy. I come from the age of carbon paper so please bear with me.
I have a HP pavilian ze4800 laptop. It has a XP (home) operating system
I use spybot, and ad-aware and up to a few weeks ago spy subtract.
Since Trend took over spy subtract I have had a bunch of pop-ups, a run time error, and a thing that shows up when I try to access the web from google. A thing comes on called the "prosperity network" instead of the link and I can't back out. It come back again and again until I leave the web. I am in touch with Trend, but I don't think that they are responsible for all of this stuff. Any suggestions?

Frank

Did you update and scan with your antispyware tools? I'd say you got spyware and your browser's been hijacked.

Yeah most of them not to mention its simplicity is the same as Internet Explorer. With a download manager and multi-tabbed web browsing it should help ALOT!

I tried firefox once befoere and had problems, but I'll try it again.

Thanks for your help.

I tried IE loads of times and had loads of probs. Kept gettin' 'Script Errors' and other errors, despite the fact that there was not one thing wrong with the page i was viewing, in my eyes.

BTW, Firefox is a LOT simpler than IE. IE is a ridiculously simple browser with advanced settings, whilst Firefox is an advanced browser with simple settings.

I want to thank you all for your help. I switched to Firefox and all seems to be well except that spybot continues to report
"5 DSO exploit" files and cannot get rid of them. I searched for the DSO file but it wasn't shown.

Always something..but thanks to all

FJF

Back
Top Bottom