Ultra100 BIOS is not installed because there are no drives attached

dezza15

Solid State Member
Every time I start up my PC, there are two start up screens. The first is normal, just showing memory installed, detecting the HD, and also the option to go to Setup. However, I get a second screen, which tries to detect something, and always ends with the message, "Ultra100 BIOS is not installed because there are no drives attached".

Sometimes on this screen it can take up to a minute to display this, and it says, "D0 Not detected D1 not detected D2 not detected D3 not detected", then the Ultra100 BIOS is not installed... message appears. Other times it takes a few seconds to display the message.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of this message, without the need to buy pointless hard drives to keep it happy?

Thanks in advance.

Lets see

Start by connecting it up the same way you did this one,it is a different one isn't it ?
Are you going beyond what you know in putting a PC together ?
If so,your not ready yet.
;)

Ultra100 BIOS

Hi

This is the same PC, it has always done this from new, but I find it takes longer to startup than before.
Is there anyway to disable the process?

Thanks

Derryl

Re: Ultra100 BIOS

dezza15 said:
Hi

This is the same PC, it has always done this from new, but I find it takes longer to startup than before.
Is there anyway to disable the process?

Thanks

Derryl

From new you say,would you try to fix a "new car"
take it back if it's not too late.If it is we need a lot more details
Windows ver should always be first item.
:D

Yes I d have a hard drive but it's connected by IDE to the motherboard, and not to the SCSI controller.

Thanks everyone.

I do have a CD drive attched by IDE.

Luckily the computer has about 2 weeks of warranty left, so I should be able to get it sorted out.

Thanks for everyone's help.

dezza15 said:
Thanks everyone.

I do have a CD drive attched by IDE.

Luckily the computer has about 2 weeks of warranty left, so I should be able to get it sorted out.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Windows ver should always be first item.
Good Luck.
:D

Ultra BIOS 100

Thanks, I took it to a computer shop and they said if I wanted to get rid of the message altogether, there's no way of disabling it, so I would have to buy an SCSI drive to shut it up. Is this the only way of doing this?

Back
Top Bottom