uhmm i need to know what/how to make my hp a1110n better

fallenstan

Beta member
i have a hp model a1110n and over the years it is gotten virsuses and such, so i have had to wipe it and reinstall windows xp. I have a new harddrive in their but my computer when playing games is still pretty slow so i know i dont have the best graphics card, which is somewhere around like 6100 or so, and i know i have atleast 1016 mb of RAM. If anyone knows if i should install driver updates or get a new graphics card it would be greatly appreciated

Truthfully, it's not worth trying to upgrade. It has no AGP or PCIe slot for a video card, an older CPU socket that is no longer used, and a really slow CPU. You would be better off saving your money for a new system.

hahah the thing is that i've tried to get a job, and there isnt really anyone hiring where i am so i am trying to make use of what i've got, to be truthful i'm trying to play wow it works just the frame rate is between 7-19 and thats with all the detail and such on low.

so there is no way to fix this computer at all?

Just a thought... but ah.. Do you think you should be spending $15 a month on a video game if you have no job?

haha i dont have membership right now, so technically im not paying $15 a month cause i dont have a job, but even still i start playing warcraft 3 which is free and that lags unbelieveably and it annoys the hell out of me. I can get money just not so much of a sum to get a new computer =/ for many many months if anything, and my parents dont like buying me game stuff

HP is notorious for not including the necessary slots for upgrading the graphics cards. I would save up money for a newer system.

However since you are unemployed it may be best to get a part time job, and save up 200 dollars a month. I have done this with much success and I was able to get $150 from my parents and get a 900 dollar computer system with a quad core.

It took me 4 months to get it ,and I had to make do with playing Elder Scrolls:Morrowind to pass my time, and playing RuneScape, However it was well worth it.

muwahaha. Runescape, lol. Quad core for PwnScape is a little overkill.

*ahem* back to the topic.

No it was to suffice till I got my new quad core system. I was running on a Pentium 4 2.0GHZ single core 32 bit processor. How could you take that comment like that Grantofhell and be mistaken? Quite peciuliar post, there.

I purchased this new system so I can play World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion, Crysis, Assassin's Creed, and many other fine games. The wait was well worth it, as I can play just about any game at my 1440x900 resolution.

Back
Top Bottom