U3 drive not working on some computers

superman22x

Golden Master
My moms U3 jumpdrive is not working on some computers. Only the ones of the network at work. It has the jumpdrive loading screen up forever and doesnt do anything else, but its only the computers on the school network. They are brand new computers too, running xp. Any idea why it does this? Or how I can just get rid of the U3?

you either format the drive or download a program to uninstall it. I'd format it first becuase the prog made my comp bsod.

I did format it on another computer, but it still had U3 on it? U3 shows up as a cd drive in "My computer" Maybe I have to format teh whole drive on bootup?

so wait it doesnt work on the computers at your school, if so it might be that you admin has blocked that, have you tried restarting the computer, at my school if my flash drive doesnt work all i have to do s restart the computer, and after loading up im good to go

theres a way to get rid of U3, i didn't know that.. i have two U3 drives and they work great... im not sure whats wrong with urs

BTW i have a Titanium Cruzer 2Gb and a Cruzer 1Gb

how can i get rid of the U3 software?

If you wish to uninstall U3:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1450#Q13 said:
Can I remove U3 technology from my USB drive? Yes. To remove the U3 technology from the drive, simply go to the U3 Launchpad and, under Settings, select U3 Launchpad settings and click Uninstall. This will completely remove the U3 Launchpad from the drive.

I have the 4GB Cruzer Micro model. U3 works just fine on it, XP or Vista doesn't matter.

EDIT- Forgot to add, it works at BOTH schools I go to, my high school and the tech center.

yeah U3 is pretty tight.. but the extra 20 seconds it takes to launch is kinda annoying...

and Superman... if u unistall the U3 software.. that might fix ur prob.. at my school the U3 wont launch..

She doesnt need U3 anyway. What is the point of it? You can install stuff to the flash drive just fine without it.

Back
Top Bottom