Two questions

SheikZ

Baseband Member
What program can defrag to volumes at once?

and

Can overclocking speed up your internet at all?
(considering my mom's computer has 256 RAM and mine has 512 and my speed for the internet tests are faster, I was thinking speeding up the processor would further improve it)

1-Diskeeper 10 is a good one.

2-OCing speeds your PC. The internet speed will remain the same...it's the ISP's settings and no, you cannot OC that.
Your mother's PC is slower because it has to use more paging from the hard drive than yours.

But since her's has a 2.0GHz processor compared to my 1.6, won't her's be any faster than mine?

And if not, wth does processor speed have to do with anything?

firstly depends on the processor , for instance if hers i a celaron and yours is a P4 the p4 has better bus speeds and l2 cache so yours would be better to some extent

secondlyt cos she only has 256MB ram hers has to load and unload a lot more files from the paging file on the hard drive and so this slows hers down

SheikZ said:
But since her's has a 2.0GHz processor compared to my 1.6, won't her's be any faster than mine?

And if not, wth does processor speed have to do with anything?
That difference is not preety big. The CPU does not have to play a role on it. It's the drive's cache that will be the speeds of paging files. Yours is faster due to 512MB RAM. It does not need to use more disk size for RAM allocations as you have more RAM.

Back
Top Bottom